Our goal, at Lyon Property Management is to provide our clients and investors with a management solution that help their properties operate smoothly, increase in desirability and enhance investment value and to develop and maintain the financial success of your property, while freeing you from the day-to-day stresses of property management.
That’s why property owners and investors throughout the country depend on us to help achieve their goals of property performance and profitability. You will find that Lyon Property Management is a customer focused and technologically advanced property management firm and that our services are consistently updated to meet the changing demands within the marketplace. With a strong property management company, you can enjoy the benefits of being a property owner without having the headaches that often accompany the management of your investment.
We provide your home with more exposure, more hot leads, and ultimately get your home rented faster. Using our property management services to give your home the ultimate market exposure just makes sense. You will start collecting your rent sooner. On average, we rent properties 14 to 30 days faster than most companies.
We maximize your exposure by in the Rhode Island Multiple Listing Service. By utilizing this service, all prospective tenants of Rhode Island and outlying communities can view your property.
We further spotlight your property by using curb signs, online videos, and the wider internet to get your property rented quickly.
By posting to a wide variety of online classified sites, we have many respected, nationally recognized names such as Google Base, Military.com, Hot Pads, mySA.com, Oodle, Rentals.com, Trulia, Yahoo Real Estate, Zillow and many more working directly for you!
Superior Tenant Screening and Selection
Screens all applicants through the credit bureau.
Contacts former and current landlords for written references.
Verification of the applicants’ employment and income.
Screen all applicants through Eviction Reports.
Screens all applicants through Sex Offender Records.
Screens all applicants through Criminal Reports.
We want to ensure that our property owners get the caliber of renters they deserve and we believe that the screening process is one of the most important parts of the tenancy.
Comparative Rental Analysis
Price your property correctly with a rental analysis (CRA); a rental analysis compares your property against similar rental properties in the area to find the best market value. We will advise you on any practical changes and improvements that will help you attain your maximum rental value and attract a quality tenant.
Maintenance and Repair Services
Lyon Property Management knows what every repair should cost and the acceptable time for completion. We scrutinize and review every bill.
Lyon Property Management provides a 24 hour emergency service to protect your property. We handle the emergencies so you don’t have to.
Initial Setup Fee – $0
Competitive Management fees
Multiple Property Discounts
A leasing fee is charged when we place a tenant
Management fees are tax-deductible!
Lowest Vacancy Rate
Vacancies are costly, so we make every effort to minimize vacant time.
We monitor lease expiration dates and will not lease month-to-month without increasing the rent. This gives us the opportunity to renegotiate rent during lease renewal. Lyon Property Management feels that if your property isn’t making money for you then it should not make money for us. There is no management fee any time your property is vacant.
Accurate and complete records are kept for each property.
Industry Standard Record keeping is used
We believe that the screening process is one of the most important parts of the tenancy.
Investment and Selling Assistance
Lyon Property Management stays current on residential market conditions to provide you the best return on your investment. We are familiar with many established and potential property owners who are seeking to invest in residential real estate. Selling to your current tenant reduces costs and increases your net profit.
All-Inclusive Property Management
The program will be automatically included in your management agreement. The yearly cost of $240.00 is billed to your October statement each year. A prorated amount will be charged to management accounts beginning after October. The coverage will be in place through September 30 and thereafter, charged annually to the October statement.S
It is an unfortunate truth that evictions can happen to any Real Estate Owner. Even great tenants with an impeccable rental history can come upon difficult times and find themselves unable to pay rent and also find it difficult to move. A job loss, divorce, and health issues are frequent causes. When this occurs, an expensive and time consuming procedure with the court system for eviction begins. This can cost the owner a significant amount of money. Sooner or later, most landlords will be faced with the costly procedure of an eviction, not to mention the loss of the rental income. Lyon Property Management has the solution.
Our Eviction Protection Program will be included in all Full Service Property Management Agreements, and will pay the following:
- Court Appearance by Realtor for Owner (up to a maximum of $500)
- Writ of Possession Fees (up to a maximum of $500)
- Broker Cost of Entering Premises (Meeting Sheriff) (up to a maximum of $200)
- Placing Tenant Possessions in storage (in accordance with eviction code, up to a maximum of $500)
- Locksmith Costs (Rekeying when Sheriff enforces eviction, up to a maximum of $300)
- Attorney Fees (up to a maximum of $1000)
- Eviction Filing Fees (up to a maximum of $300)
- Process Server Fees (up to a maximum of $500)
- Court Fees (up to a maximum of $500)
In summary, court costs and filing fees in connection with most Forcible Entry and Detainer Suits (eviction) against a tenant at the District Court. Generally, evictions are the result of nonpayment of rent, but they can also be initiated for other violations of the rental agreement.
For example; unauthorized roommates or unauthorized pets. The law requires an attorney (or you) toappear for these cases. The Lyon Property Management Eviction Protection also covers you for this type of eviction!
What the program does not cover:
Lost rents Damage to the property This Program does not cover Appeals to the courts or trials above the Eviction Court. In the event that the tenants wins in court, this program does not cover the Owner for the Tenant’s Attorney fees, court ordered fines, damages or penalties. This is a rare occurrence that has happened in only a few cases when the Owners acted against our advice.
Short-term Property Management
Our goal, at Lyon Property Management is to provide our clients and investors with a management solution that help their properties operate smoothly and that is why we offer short-term property management. Do you enjoy managing your property but need a vacation? Or do you head south for the winter and need someone to look after your property? We can help!We provide both Short-term property management and Snowbird property management services in Rhode Island.
Short Term Property Management
We recognize that you probably enjoy managing your property but just want that extra sense of security when you go on vacation. We offer a full a-la-carte menu of options to provide you the level of security you seek while on vacation.
Snowbird Property Management
Headed south for the winter? Worried about who can look after your house? Lyon Property Management is here for you. We offer a variety of packages to suit your needs while you enjoy the warm weather, worry free.
How your property is marketed and advertised determines how quickly your vacancy is filled. We take the guess work out of marketing your property. Your vacant property is assigned to the leasing team to work their magic.
How We Market Your Property
- Yard Signage
- Internet Marketing
- Call Capture System
- MLS Listing
- Referral Programs
- Pricing it Right
Lyon Property Management team of leasing agents will aggressively market and advertise your vacancy. We lease homes fast to the best tenants and we get the highest rental rates. Our home leasing department makes home leasing easy. We take the hassle out of leasing your property. Our team is knowledgeable of local market conditions and uses the internet and other multi-media to attract and pursue qualified prospects. No one leases rental-property faster!Our comprehensive services include the following:
- Price Analysis
- Property Marketing
- Schedule Showings
- Applicant Screening
- Collect Security Deposit
- Negotiate Lease Terms
- Prepare Lease Agreement
All applicants are required to submit an application, photo I.D., recent copy of a check stub or bank statement. All applications are processed for its integrity. Our applicant processors will attain a copy of each applicant’s:
- Criminal Report
- Credit Report & Score
- Eviction Report
Lyon Property Management offers direct maintenance to all our customers. The services we offer include:
- Monthly inspections on all properties
- 24 Hour emergency service
- Interior and exterior painting
- Minor plumbing and electrical issues
- Cleaning service
- Common unit and building repairs
Lyon Property Management also offers project management services for all larger renovation projects. We will interview, hire and manage all contractors to make sure the project is completed on time and within the predetermined budget.
Are you ready for your next real estate investment? Finding a real estate agent that understands an investors needs can be quite the adventure. Here at Lyon Property Management we understand what an investor looks for in a property and helped multiple investors find property over the years.Advantages to working with Lyon Property Management when finding your next property:
- Investment Analysis tools to aid in decision making process
- Compartative Market Rent Analysis
- Proven skilled negotiators
- We are investors too!
Lyon Property Management is here to help in all phases our your real estate investments. Contact us today to learn more.
Our Technology Advantage
Our goal is to provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Our team has invested in a complete and modern software solution, Propertyware Management Software. We are excited to share several of the new capabilities and how they will benefit you.
- More effectively market your properties and fill vacancies sooner. Propertyware allows us to quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website, and hundreds of other listing sites. Applicants can also apply right from their smartphones.
- Price rentals right for your market and reduce vacancies. Propertyware’s built-in rental comparison tool provides actual rental rates for units similar to yours in the same geographic location. This insight allows us to maximize your revenue and fill vacancies faster.
- Screen for the best residents. Streamlined, built in resident screening includes standard background and credit checks along with past rent payment history. Screens can be completed in minutes – enabling us to place the highest quality residents quickly.
- You will be paid faster and more securely. New functionality provides our team the ability to deposit funds directly into your bank account. No more waiting for a check in the mail.
- Collect rent faster with online payment options. Modern residents expect easy, online payment options. Propertyware gives residents three convenient ways to pay electronically (Cash, E-check, or with a credit card).
- On-demand access to your statements. Owner statements are securely posted to an online Owners Portal, saving time and paper. These simple statements provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month. We can also include maintenance invoices and additional reports you request.
- Handle property maintenance issues faster. We use Propertyware for electronic work-orders and communication with vendors so we can quickly resolve issues. At your request, we can email you a copy of the work order and relevant information giving you real-time updates.
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
Click the link below to log in to your Owner Portal and view your statements.
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system that requires you to login with an email address and password.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter your email address and password. If you’re a new user, you will be prompted to set up a password.